Christians are not cigarette smokers

I never grew fond of smoking cigarettes. Even I have loved watching my action movie heroes which sometimes they smoke cigarettes to add further masculinity to their image, I was never attracted on smoking cigarettes. To me it's a disgusting habit for a teenager. Back when I was still a high school student, my perception of students smoking cigarettes is that they just want to get noticed and get attractions from girls. Which I think is a counter move because "nice" high-school girls hate cigarettes, only flirty high schools girls like boys who are cigarette-smokers. I even think back then, that kids who smoke cigarettes are just quite rebellious or probably they have family problems so they turn into such vices.

We are a poor family but grew up inside a happy and strict home with rules to be followed. No beer and cigarette smoking until you finish college. For me, that was not a senseless law. It was simply a logical thinking. I was a student with no extra money to spare for vices. Every cent given to me by my father is hard-earned so it would be irresponsible for me to waste in cigarettes and beers. Furthermore, it would be more stupid If I was not able to finish college because of vices.

I think most of the cigarette smokers started during their adolescent period (as if they want to prove something by smoking cigarettes). It does not make any sense to me.

Almost 7 years ago, I was 23 years old when I embraced Christianity. Logically, scientifically and spiritually; cigarette should have no place in our body. If the Spirit of God dwelleth inside of us, why would a Christian desecrate a temple of God by smoking cigarettes?

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Corinthians 3:16


Not only we endanger our health by smoking cigarettes but we also endanger our close-relatives by the secondhand smoke we emit.
(I am a father of a 3yeard old girl.)

As Christians, we should not smoke cigarettes. Scientists and doctors have warned us enough already about the hazardous implications of smoking cigarettes to our bodies. Even the disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ wishes followers to be in good health.

Beloved,
I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health,
even as thy soul prospereth.
3John 1:2


There are tons of medical reports about cigarette smoking.
Here are some information that I hope it may further convince you to stop smoking...



In most countries around the world, the legal age for the purchase of tobacco products is now 18, raised from 16, while in Japan the age minimum is 20 years old.

Nicotine reaches the brain within 10 seconds after smoke is inhaled. It has been found in every part of the body and in breast milk.

The immune systems of smokers has to work harder every day than non-smokers. As a result, a smokers’ blood will contain less antioxidants, although a smokers immune system may be quicker to respond to virus attacks due to its more active nature.

Smoking a pack of cigarettes each day costs about $1,500 per year -- enough money to buy a new computer or Xbox.

Nicotine -- one of the main ingredients in cigarettes -- is a poison.

Nicotine is as addictive as heroin and cocaine.

Smoking makes you feel weaker and more tired because it prevents oxygen from reaching your heart.

Smoking decreases your sense of taste and smell, making you enjoy things like flowers and ice cream a little bit less.

Smoking hurts the people around you: More than 53,000 people die each year from secondhand smoke.

Cigarettes have tons of harmful chemicals in them, including ammonia (found in toilet cleaner), carbon monoxide (found in car exhaust) and arsenic (found in rat poison).

Just days after quitting smoking, a person's sense of taste and smell returns to normal.

Bookmark and Share